bmo is a desktop workstation created using the old hardware from volta. It is currently on loan.
- 1x 64-bit Quad-core Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 threads total)
- Total CPU Power: 48 GFLOPS
- 12GB non-ECC DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz
- ASUS P6X58D Premium Motherboard
- 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
- 1x Seagate 250GB SATA2 HDD
- 1x Intel Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Idle power draw: 180W
In 2010, the CPU socket was damaged during removal of the socket cover. A pin for the second memory channel was severely damaged. The channel's operation was restored, however the CPU is no longer removable as doing so would render it nonoperational.
In 2012, the NEC onboard USB3.0 controller was destroyed by an external power surge from a connected device. USB2.0 remains functional.
In 2013, both Marvell onboard gigabit Ethernet controllers burned out from excessive network traffic. They have been supplemented by an Intel PCI card.
In 2014, the Marvell onboard SATA3 controller failed for an unknown reason. SATA2 remains functional.